Bringing Baby Home
A Parenting and Relationship Program
Mary is a trained and Independent Educator for the Bringing Baby Home Program. This Program is a 12 hour workshop format designed for pregnant and new parents to help them transition into their new parenting roles. As parents strengthen their relationship, they improve the quality of life for their babies and children!
The Bringing Baby Home Program was developed by Drs. John and Julie Gottman, experts in developing healthy couple relationships. The Gottman’s research found that within three years after the birth of a child, about two thirds of couples experience a significant decrease in their relationship satisfaction as well as an increase in conflict and hostility. Further research has shown that this relationship discord and conflict have a profound and negative effect on the infants and toddlers in those families!
So what are new parents to do? Attend the Bringing Baby Home Program! This Program will teach you information and strategies to recognize and successfully cope with the common stressors of becoming a family.
The Bringing Baby Home Program Teaches Couples How To:
- Increase friendship in their relationship
- Manage conflict in ways that protect the relationship
- Co-Parent effectively and keep both parents involved
- Improve the quality of parent-infant interaction
- Recognize the psychological and emotional needs of their child
- Parent in a sensitive and responsive way
Two-Day Workshops are forming now!
For Information & Waiting List Registration Call, Text, or Email Mary Sims Gerdes at 480-444-8723 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $250 per couple (includes 2-day workshop, 1 Program notebook and card deck per couple, and morning and mid-afternoon refreshments)
Babies (who are not yet crawling) are welcome to attend with their parents!
Gift Certificates are available!
Mary Sims Gerdes is a warm and experienced presenter, using humor in a relaxing way to teach strategies, skills and new information. Some of her favorite presentations over the course of her career include:
- Adjunct Faculty teaching at Chandler Gilbert Community College
- “Couples of Promise Marriage Seminar” Co-Presenter with Dr. Kevin Leman
- Co-Presenter, "Kahv'yoo Spirit" for National/State/Local Conferences
- Presenter, “EAGALA Process” Demonstrations for Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association
- “Rhythms of the Heart” Presenter, Sierra Tucson Professional Connections Luncheon
- Presenter for MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)
- Presenter, Tempe Nazarene Church Marriage Conference
- “Adolescent Relationship Skills Building” Presenter, Tucson Tanque Verde Lutheran Church
- “Identifying Crises in Children & Adolescents” Presenter, Tucson Christ Community Church & St. Cyril’s Church
- “Balancing Body, Mind, Spirit on the Way Up” Co-Presenter, Northern Arizona University
- “Care of the Caregiver” Presenter, Stephen’s Ministry Workshop
- “Leadership, Team Building & Coaching Employees” Presenter, Phoenix Computer Science Corporation
- “The Indian Child Welfare Act” Presenter, Pima County Superior Court
- “The Energy Today and Tomorrow Program” Presenter, statewide in Arizona for Arizona Public Service Company
- “Essentials in Crisis Communications” Presenter, Institute of Nuclear Power Operations National Workshop